Radix Ecological Sustainability Center Internship Program
We are accepting applications for Internships.
To apply, tell us about yourself, why you would like to work with us, and what you would like to do.
Internships are unpaid. College credit can be arranged.
Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates Must Be:
Reliable, self-motivated, eager to learn
Own transportation a plus
Interns will assist with the following tasks on a weekly basis:
- Ultra-local outreach – invite passersby in for a quick tour
- Watering gardens/plants
- Feeding microlivestock: rabbits, chickens, fish
- Compost pickups
- Compost creation/ pile maintenance
- Garden bed building, planting, maintenance, harvesting, organic pest control
- Landscaping/grounds maintenance
Each intern is expected to complete 1-3 main tasks. Tasks can be chosen from the list below or designed by the intern, subject to approval.
- Prepare 3 grant applications.
- Promote the Community Compost Initiative at public locations; secure 5 new business clients.
- Educational Outreach: Develop connections with 3 schools, laying the foundation for student visits throughout the upcoming year. Securing funding for these visits would be extremely helpful.
- Expand our social media presence – Facebook, Twitter, and the website. Create 10 new pages of content for the webpage – to include organizing and creating copy to go with photos we have, transcribing sections of our book, new content about current activities at Radix, or other approved topics.