A coalition of organizations in the South End/ Mansion Neighborhoods of Albany are seeking a Garden Coordinator:
This self-motivated individual will plan and coordinate vegetable production in the multiple gardens of coalition non-profit organizations. This production will largely involve engaging and supervising the labor of volunteers, youth, and neighbors. Strong organizing and people skills are necessary. Experience working with diverse communities and market-production farming are highly desirable. A clean drivers license and vehicle are welcomed. Final candidates will undergo background screening to work with youth.
Duties will include:
· Coordinate the planning, planting, maintenance, and harvesting of the Trinity Alliance’s garden on Trinity Place, the YO garden on Hawk St., and AVillage’s gardens on Broad St, and at 43 Catherine St. and 92 Catherine St.
· Harvest/delivery for the Saturday AVillage Farmers Market
· Foster relationships with interested neighbors; designate beds for neighbors to use; regularly communicate with neighbors to ensure beds are maintained.
· Coordinate with the coalition organizations’ youth programs to organize educational youth work experiences in the gardens.
· Engage and coordinate volunteers from local colleges, companies, churches, community groups, etc.
· Recordkeeping: volunteers, costs, production, etc.
· Attend bi-weekly collaboration meetings
While the Garden Coordinator will directly report to the Radix Center, she/he will also work closely with each of the collaborating organizations and the neighbors who have been involved in each garden.
This is a part time (~20hr/wk) paid position. Please send cover letters/resumes to email@example.com.